In an effort to raise the quality and integrity of the discussion about road colour and its effect on traffic, here's a link to a 44 page pdf report on "Psychological Traffic Calming" prepared for the Department of Transport's Traffic Management Division by the consultants TRL LTD. It covers a number of tests done with different types of psychological traffic calming techniques, but it's specifically page 11 that I'd draw attention to.
http://groups.google.com/group/beechcroft/files
It's well illustrated, so the 44 pages go fast for those who want to study a bit more in depth. I've also set up a link to this pdf in the links column on the right side of this blog.
You will need Acrobat Reader to open this pdf file. The link I've posted here will take you to the top of the documents storage area of the old BCRA Google Groups site. The title of the report is "1_Psychological traffic calming 2005.pdf". You may need to scroll down the list of documents to find it--the list of documents seems to rearrange itself in no particular order.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment